Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bless this House Cross-stitch

After months of slaving over this cross-stitch project I have finally finished it! I am super excited that I got it done before Jeff and I move into our new place on June 1st.

I love the way that the project turned out in the end and I love the frame that I found for it; especially since the frame was on sale :) I got the kit on sale at Hobby Lobby for about $5 and I've been working on it on and off for several months. Unfortunately I wanted to post this so bad that I was lazy and didn't take any decent pictures, I just have the ones I took with my phone.

This is one of the first progress shots I took of the project, at this point I had only been working on it for a couple of weeks. I had started in the middle, like you do with all counted cross-stitch, and then I decided to make my way to the left side and work left to right. The piece was pretty long, about 18 inches wide, so working from one side to the other was easier because I could fold over the fabric I wasn't working with.

I was about halfway through when I took this picture. Spring break was a couple weeks after I took this and our 8 hours in the car to New Orleans gave me a huge boost in progress, I just can't seem to find the picture I took :(

Here is the finished product literally right after I finished it. As you can see it still had the creases from where I had it in a hoop.

And last but not least, the finished product all framed up and ready to go on the wall. My favorite part about getting this project done was how excited Jeff was for me that I finished it. This is the first thing that I have made for our first place together, so it has a ton of sentimental value.

I already have about 3 or 4 more projects lined up to work on next, but I need to get through these last few weeks of school before I can devote any large amount of time to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment